With just a few days left to go before our first child is due for his grand entrance, we thought that now would be a good time to enter into the blogging world.
Just in case anyone has not heard from us in a while, I'll give a quick update on what is going on with us.
We are still living in Los Angeles somewhere between Ian's commute to Malibu and my commute to downtown LA. Ian is in his third and final year of law school at Pepperdine University which has been an awesome experience. Now he wonders why he even considered going to any other school. With his aspirations of a legal career in microfinance, he's found a perfect niche with Pepperdine's Center for Entrepreneurship and the Law, and has been highly involved in the Center's activities. It has been a great fit for his interests. We'll see where life takes us after graduation in May...
I'm still working as a PA in family practice at the same community clinic in downtown LA that I've been at for the past 4 years. I love the clinic, my coworkers, and (most of the time) my patients, so it was bittersweet to start my maternity leave last week.
So I guess we're ready to jump into the great unknown now, and become parents. We're very excited, but a little bit terrified. We just got a new camcorder and tested it out last night, so not only does everyone get to see a picture of me and my big swollen belly, you get to see it in action!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Too Cute!!!!! You guys are sooo ready for this wonderful new phase of your life- one that will perfect you and bring you the greatest joys and heartaches and fulfillment and challenges! You're ready physically (look at all those clothes! The Little Prince!), spiritually, mentally and emotionally. You are so mature and adorable together- I can't wait to see how cute you are holding and cooing over your beautiful little boy. We love you both so much,
Mom/ Mormor! (#8!)
Liz! You look adorable with your cute little baby belly. Congrats!
Love n stuff Debra
I'm excited to hear when the little bundle of joy arrives!!! :) Deb
Wow! Congratulations Lizzy Liz! I'm so excited for you! You two will be great parents and it is so much fun! The lack of sleep is a doozy but doesn't last forever. It is so rewarding! I say if you can make it through nausea, you can make it through anything.
WOWOWOW... it won't be long now. I am wondering if you have enough clothes for the little character. You'll make do...
I can't wait to meet him.
Love y'all.
Dad
You guys are so dang cute and almost can't handle it. I was cracking up watching your little video. You will too in about 5 years. Love all the cute baby stuff. It's amazing how much you can touch and look at baby stuff before the baby comes. Liz, you look like a million bucks! Pregnancy suits you well! We love and miss you guys!
Em
Every time the phone rings, I hope it is my mom, calling to say that you are on your way to the hospital to meet your little one!!! I am so dang excited--Friday, would you come already?! Your cute little Alfonso will be singing like a cricket in no time...
Love, Ink
nsosulfSo happy for you both! Its amazing how the time flies!
I think that you need a few more outfits for the little guy! Some stylish kicks are in order! I hear that they make Chuck Taylor converse for babies! Cant wait to see the next post!
Love Ya,
B*man
Well, today is the big day...any news???
We just viewed the video a second time. Yesterday was the due date! What are you waiting for?
I am sure you are anxious but as grandma Lewis told us. Don't worry it only gets harder.
Actually you will loved being parents. It was wonderful seeing you grow up. We look forward to being grandparents.
Dad
Post a Comment